- Born in Canberra, Australia.
2008 - 2011
- Principal study in Composition (Mr. Michael Smetanin, Prof. Matthew Hindson), with secondary studies in Voice (Ms. Anke Hoeppner) and Conducting (Dr. Anthony Clarke) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music. Graduated in November 2011 with Honours Class 1.
- President of the Sydney Conservatorium Students Association.
- Conductor/Artistic Director of the Sydney University Intercollegiate Orchestra;
- Selection in the Symphony Australia Conductor Development Program, receiving tuition from the internationally-recognised orchestral conductor Christopher Seaman.
- Work apprenticeship in Arts Management at Sydney Symphony;
- Young Artist (conductor, arranger) with The Song Company, assisting Roland Peelman;
- Awarded an Australian Elizabethan Theater Trust Overseas Travel Scholarship to study Composition in Germany.
2012 - 2014
- Principal study in Composition (Prof. Moritz Eggert) at the Hochschule für Musik und Theater, Munich. Graduated June 2014 with 1,4 ('sehr gut'/distinction).
- Co-founder of the Breakout Ensemble, Munich (recipients of the 2014 Music Prize from the City of Munich, working with ARTE, Steve Reich, Bavarian Radio and more)
- Awarded the 'Hamburg Opera Scholarship' by the Claussen-Simon Foundation, to compose a full-length chamber opera for the Hamburg State Opera and work on a doctorate in Composition at the Hamburg Conservatory;
- Selected as Artistic Director (together with Alexander Strauch) of the 2017 aDevantgarde Festival for contemporary music in Munich.
- Feature-length documentary film Kreatura (directed by Viktor Alesandrovic with music from Samuel Penderbayne) selected for the Vision du Réel film festival (Nyon, Switzerland).
- Selected as a composer for the Ulysses Network to work with l'Orchester Philharmonique de Radio France and composers Stefan Prins and Toshio Hosokawa in the Impuls (Graz) and Manifeste (Paris) festivals.
- Band project Sam Panda and the Teeth featured in the Reeperbahn Festival, Hamburg.